Recent changes to the license in which guides need for the lower Au Sable from Foote Dam to the mouth at Lake Huron. For guided trips in the lower river a United State Coast Guard Captains licenses in needed now for any type of boat (with or without a motor) . This is the same licenses that is needed for Lake Huron and all of the Great Lakes when taking passengers for hire. I’m all set to go and along with my Federal Au Sable River outfitter permit licensed for the entire Au Sable River system & Lake Huron.